Q. How Do I Sign Up for the Family Management Tool?
Manage all household accounts in one place! Log minutes read, challenges and more for your entire family. Note: If you are registered for the Summer Reading Program, you are not automatically registered for the Family Management Tool. You must take these steps to access the tool.
- Click here to access the Family Management Portal.
- Click the "Join here" link (as you have to register for the portal to gain access, even though you're already logged in to the Reading Program).
- Enter your first name, last name, email address, and same password you use for the Reading Program. You will receive an email confirmation. Click on the confirmation to activate the account.
- The next screen will display any accounts associated with your email.
- You can then click "Link Existing User" for any account you want to manage under your family account.
- To add a new person to your account, click "Add New User." The system will prompt you to select a program from the library's active program list. Upon selecting a program, you will be directed to the registration page to fill in the new person's information. Any new child account is automatically linked to the parent/guardian account during registration.
Be sure to register for the 2017 Summer Reading Program. Here are the steps to do that from the portal:
- In the Family Management Portal, click “Register.”
- Choose the appropriate program: Readers @ Play – Kids (for those 12 and under) OR Readers @ Play – Teens & Adults (for those 13+).
- Fill out the form and answer any additional questions that you might need to in order to complete the new user’s registration for this year.
- Click “Confirm.”
- You will be directed to a page that says “Program Not Started. This library program hasn’t started yet. Please check back on 6/3/2017.” At this time you are registered for the program but not yet able to log minutes, play the avatar (for 12 and under), etc. These features will be available on June 3, 2017.